Sunday, October 21, 2012

XXXI. Yum Yum Thai Suki Flavour



Brand: Yum Yum
Name: Thai Suki Flavour
Price: ?


This Ramen I bought without having a fucking clue what 'Thai Suki' actually was. Looks delicous, judging from what the picture on the front shows. What do we have here: fat mushrooms, green stuff, a lot of vegetable, prawn??? Sry, the quality of the picture really sucks, I can't identify all that stuff anymore haha =D. OTL



When you open the bag, you get to smell the noodles, which bewaters your mouth. The blue sachet on the left does kinda look like it would contain some screws or other mechanical stuff. This time I also tried the fat before putting in the boiling water, and it was preeetty hot! I also snorted too much powder, unwillingly of course, which gave me a sneezing fit LOL. :'D



The final soup had a nice reddish colour, but it smelled kinda like... barf. Really ewww-wy. Nevertheless I tried it. The taste of the soup was pretty weird, too, for me having had no clue how 'Thai Suki' would taste like. The first impression was very sweet, then the taste of basil, herbs,... And after that, I suddenly knew what it tasted like: Canh chua!!!! (You may know that if you're Vietnamese :p) The same sour taste of the broth, with all the herbs and stuff and flavours and blah, I really had a fucking Déjà-vu, and I was thinking that there was okra and bạc hà missing. The broth is kinda hot (and sweet at the same time, I think not everybody will like this if you're not used to such flavours haha) and I had the feeling, while eating this, the soup got hotter and hotter. Which I kinda liked. It was nicely hot, without giving your tongue agony and death pangs.

Rating: A+ because it reminds me of Vietnamese Canh Chua although this is Thai Suki (maybe it's the same?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?! °---°). Add some nice fresh ingredients, like pineapple and tomatoe, for it to look like this, and the broth from Yum Yum would just fit nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment