Saturday, July 7, 2012

XIII. Yum Yum Wasabi flavour



Brand: Yum Yum
Name: Wasabi flavour
Price: 0,35 €


Here's a review of some Ramen by one of the most famous noodle soup brands in the world, Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum looooooooooooool. They just recently put out a new flavour on the market that I immediately had to try after seeing it. Sounds very strange and freaky to put Wasabi into your Ramen. As if you could put all kind of crazy japanese food stuff together and it would go well with each other and harmonize and taste super yummy. I had to check that. So here we go.


'Hey, Steve-O, the Wasabi that you snorted is now also available in powder-form!'
Keepin' it simple with just one sachet of powder, it was quite disappointing for me at first sight though. Like when you open a present for Christmas and the inside is just lousy (and maybe crappy, too). You get the point? Disappointment.
(The block of ramen is very delicious btw when you eat it like that without cooking, munching it down like a hamburger or something like that. Crispy and salty and yummy. In case you don't have other snacks around.)


I did cook it, though
If you expected this soup to be very hot and fucking spicey, I have to disappoint you. This soup actually is one big disappointment. The Wasabi flavour was authentic, though, but not very outstanding so that the soup had a flair of 'Oh crap I dropped some Wasabi into my Ramen broth (that was simply salty water before) and it kinda tastes weird but okay because I love weird food and will finish this somehow though I might puke from it after the first three bites that I did find so delicious though'. Maybe that's a good point, also. I didn't have the need to puke because the Wasabi flavour was so weak, I was simply bored eating this. And disappointed.

Well, Yum Yum noodles still are pretty awesome, they're always soft, firm to the bite and delicious. It's just the broth that turned this one into such a big disappointment. 

Rating: Count the word disappoinment in this review. This soup earns a C

No comments:

Post a Comment