Sunday, November 4, 2012

XXXIII. MAMA Oriental Style Insant Noodle (Chand Clear Soup)



Brand: MAMA
Name: Oriental Style Insant Noodle (Chand Clear Soup)
Price: ?


I have to admit that I still don't have a fucking clue what 'Oriental Style' is supposed to be. But look at the picture above, the french description is 'PREPARATION ALIMENTAIRE À BASE DE RIZ', and entre parenthèses 'À L'ARÔME DE RIZ'. So 'Oriental Style' obviously must have something to do with rice. Does the soup taste like rice? No. Do the noodles taste like rice? Well, they're made out of rice, so they taste like rice... WTF I still don't get it. Entangled in question marks.


blah blah, Pho + powder + green stuff + fat + some strange fatty chunks


I somehow can't get used to that 'Oriental Style' flavour. We already had it here in the past (lol check the mark), and I doubt that I will ever get used to it. I still love Pho, though (you can read all about it here) and these noodles are pretty good, too. They are evenly soft, not too mushy, not too hard, pretty perfect I dare say, they don't even stick to your gums while chewing, like MAMA's Pho Ga.
And then, we have, on the other hand, the broth. Which tastes... crap. I can't describe it, I just didn't like it, the flavours and spices in the soup were pretty strange, not like the common Pho-broth with the cinammon, ginger, star anise, cloves, fish sauce... So pretty unaromatic. It was okay to eat, the noodles made up for the strange taste of the soup.

Rating: C+

3 comments:

  1. Didn't know that MAMA even got Pho! And had to laugh so much when seeing your header, it's really funny :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have quiet nice Pho, you should try it. ^^
      And thanks. It was a snapshot by our little brother. xD

      Delete
  2. OMG we get comments from strangers *0* thanks so much for reading :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
    :*

    ReplyDelete