Wednesday, April 10, 2013

44. Thai Delight Hokkien Noodles



Brand: Thai Delight
Name: Hokkien Noodles
Price: 2,20 €


Today we have a kinda different sort of instant food: The almost-done-only-add-sauce-noodles that come in a stylish chinese-restaurant-take-away-noodle-box-package. There are also different dishes with different packageing colours form Thai Delight. If you read further, you'll find out why these will never be featured in our blog.



The noodles look and taste like spaghetti, which I disliked. Hokkien mee actually contains noodles which are fried. These noodles had not the slightest hint of frying aroma. Instead, it contained another package with a dark brown sauce with baby corn pieces. The instructions are pretty simple, put everything in the box and heat in the microwave for 2 min.



So after 2 min of microwaving, this came out: The noodles still stuck together, and the sauce smelling really weird, kinda sweet and salty. I also screamed for my mommy because I thought I prepared the noodles wrong. After stirring firmly, the noodles kinda got apart (not really). They are a little bit too dry, even with the sauce. And they tasted like common spaghetti. The sauce is reaaaaaaaally weird, it tasted... not good. Too sweet, slightly peppery, and with an eerie after taste that I can't really depict. It was really not good. The corn pieces were pretty tasteless, too, which was very disappointing. I'm glad to know that I will never ever try any other Thai Delight noodle boxes!
\( ^ o ^ )/

Rating: D

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that I saw this post. It is informative blog for us and we need this type of blog thanks for share this blog, Keep posting such instructional blogs and I am looking forward for your future posts.
    ลูก ไม่ ยอม กิน ข้าว

    ReplyDelete